Diversity in Film

 

Diversity in Film.

The Green book film is inspired by the true story of a 1962 tour of the Deep South by African American pianist and Italian American bouncer, who served as pianist’s driver and bodyguard.

The Green book was a true book that is called “The Negro Motorist Green Book”. It was a travel guide for African Americans that was published from 1936 to 1967. It listed services and accommodations where African Americans were welcome, including hotels, motels, gas stations, liquor stores and hair salons. When I chose this film, I expected that it would be a comedy film that includes elements of drama. However, for first minutes of this film I recognize, that a plot has strong tights with American history of slavery and effect of it on a modern life. The Green book has attitude to time when Black people had a freedom, but still were intimidated in their rights. For me, the identified scene of it is when policemen stopped their car, and asked the driver why Black man is sitting in the same car with him. After watching this film, starting to understand the difficult way black people’s life. Furthermore, diverse casts of popular actors are impressive, too. Mahershala Ali is also known from serial The true detective and Viggo Mortensen who had a role in the film The Lord of the rings. The popular casts are not only an opportunity to enjoy a brilliant actor’s play, but still pay more attention to the film and obstacles that are shown in it.

In addition, I would like to say that I really recommend the film The Green book because you can find out more details about living in America in 1960s, and open for you true feelings of Black people in that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Country Music Award